The town of Killingly covers 50 square miles in northeastern Connecticut and is the second largest town in area and population in Windham county.
Settled in 1700 and originally called Aspinock, the town incorporated in 1708. In 1726, the town switched from New London to its current position in Windham County.
Although during the 1950s the area's economy was devastated by the closure of six large curtain factories, the completion of the Connecticut Turnpike managed to fully revitalize the town. Killingly is a commercial center of the area with diverse industries producing everything from surgical supplies to electric insulation and potato chips!
Killingly is also home to the Quinebaug Valley Community Technical College and the Ellis Regional Vocational Technical School. Danielson Airport provides easy access and a historic Main Street district provides colonial charm.
Soccer, basketball, softball, volleyball and track programs are provided by the local recreational department. Also sponsored by the department are the Killingly Community Theatre, Killingly Youth Theatre and Summer Celebration. The department runs a summer day camp at Owen Bell Park, maintains over 75 acres of beautiful public parks and provides a variety of programs at the town community center.